Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week 1: Dec, 4-11 2012

This week, I sent out my first round of support letters. When I looked over my mailing list and the list of people who have supported me in the past, I was amazed not only by the number of supporters, but by the diversity of people that God has placed in my life. I have received support from people all across the country; California, Colorado, Tennessee, Florida and all up the east coast. I've received support from Mexico and Canada. I've received support from England, China and Africa. I've had supporters as young as 9 and as old as 90. I've received support from family, close friends, and perfect strangers. I've seen people give over $1,000 and people give under $10, both needing those funds equally. I've received letters from people who pray everyday for me and phone calls from people who greatly encourage me.

When you raise support, it's easy to feel like you are pestering people. When weeks pass without any support, it's easy to feel small and alone. After seeing everyone who has supported in past on one list, I know that I couldn't have assembled such an amazing support team by myself. I've remembered that there is nothing I can do unite all these people. The only one who has that uniting power is Christ. When it comes to missions, we are small, but Christ is infinite. These supporters weren't called by me, they were called by the uniting power of Christ.

"For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."
- Romans 12:3-5 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment